Monday, May 18, 2009

The Will of the Lord Be Done!

Song: I Surrender All

Scripture: Acts 21:7-14

Paul has arrived in Caesarea. A prophet named Agabus has come down to speak to him. Agabus warns Paul of what awaits him in Jerusalem. Paul's company and the Caesareans begin begging him not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 21:13). Because of Paul's faith his brethren stop their begging and finish their speaking with these words: "The will of the Lord be done" (Acts 21:14).

The Lord has a will. It is to be done in Heaven and on Earth. I am to conform my will to His. My heart and my prayer is to be, "The will of the Lord be done!"

Jason Cicero