Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Myself Thought

Song: Do All In The Name Of The Lord

Scripture: Acts 26:1-11

King Agrippa permitted Paul to speak for himself. As Paul spoke concerning the accusations of the Jews, he recapped his life for Agrippa. He spoke of his youth, his nation, and his religion. Paul pointed out that all knew of his faithfulness as a Pharisee.

"Indeed, I myself thought I must do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth" (Acts 26:9).

It is possible to believe something to be true that is false. It is possible to do many things believing them to be good that are in truth, evil. It is possible to be wrong.

Jesus set Paul apart to open the eyes of the Gentiles (Acts 26:18). Before Paul went to the Gentiles he had his own eyes opened by Jesus. Maybe I need my eyes opened to something...

Jason Cicero