Friday, January 9, 2009

If You Are Willing

Scripture: Matthew 8:1-4

Song: He Is Able To Deliver You

I love this request. I long for the faith behind it. "And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, 'Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean'" (Matthew 8:2; NKJV).

I love this response even more. I long to experience it myself. "Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, 'I am willing; be cleansed.' Immediately his leprosy was cleansed" (Matthew 8:3; NKJV).

I know He is able. I long for Him to be willing. The response of Jesus to this leper tells me He is...

One day Jesus will put out His hand and touch me. I suspect He will say to me, "I was willing, Jason. You are cleansed. Welcome home." I can't wait to feel His touch. To hear His voice. To thank Him.

Jason Cicero