Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Great Physician

Song: The Great Physician

Scripture: Mark 2:13-17

Jesus was eating at Levi's house. So were many tax collectors and sinners. This did not sit well with the scribes and Pharisees. "How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners," they asked. When Jesus heard their question He put things in perspective: "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance" (Mark 2:17; NKJV).

It helps me to know that Jesus ate with sinners because I am one. It helps me to know that He came to meet the needs of those who are sick because I am sick. It helps me to know that He came to call sinners to repentance because I have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

What I most desperately need...He is.

Jason Cicero