Monday, January 26, 2009

Do I Do What He Did?

Song: More About Jesus

Scripture: Mark 1:35

To be a disciple of Jesus Christ is to discipline oneself to be like Him. Jesus prayed without ceasing. He kept the converstation with His Father going.

"Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed" (Mark 1:35; NKJV).

Jesus had the same amount of time in a day that I have. Jesus needed sleep as much as I do. Jesus had a greater purpose that I do.

His time, His needs, and His purpose did not keep him from getting away from it all to talk to His heavenly Father. Do mine? Then He said to me, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny Himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me" (Luke 9:23; NKJV).

Jason Cicero