Friday, April 17, 2009

Thomas' Song

Song: Thomas' Song

Scripture: John 20:24-29

Thomas did not believe Jesus was alive. He doubted. "Doubting Thomas," some call him.

Jesus longed for Thomas to believe. Eight days after Thomas doubted Jesus appeared to the Apostles. Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing" (John 20:27).

It is unfortunate he is still referred to as "Doubting Thomas." Once he reached, and looked, and reached, and put, he no longer doubted. He believed. And He confessed: "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).

Jesus longs for you to believe too. And to confess Him as your personal Lord and God. Join with Thomas and sing of Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

Jason Cicero