Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ashamed

Song: I'm Not Ashamed

Scripture: Mark 8:34-38

Growing up my parents used a number of different methods to discipline me. My mom was good with a switch. My dad could take his belt off faster than a Texas outlaw could draw his gun. Sometimes my mom would just look at me.

Of all the punishments that came my way none was worse than having one or both of my parents say to me, "I'm so ashamed of you."

I can only think of one experience that would be worse: "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels" (Mark 8:38; NKJV).

Father, help me not to be ashamed of Him so that when He comes...He will not be ashamed of me. In His Name, Amen.

Jason Cicero