Monday, March 9, 2009

God Knows My Heart

Song: Is Thy Heart Right With God

Scripture: Luke 16:14-15

Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they derided Him. And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God" (Luke 16:14-15; NKJV).

The Pharisees presented themselves to others as being innocent before God. The Pharisees presented themselves to others as examples of how God would have all to live. Jesus knew better. And He wanted others to know better too.

I might be "highly esteemed among men" and an "abomination in the sight of God" at the same time. I need to remember above all else that God knows my heart. Whether I am "highly esteemed among men" matters none if I am seen as "very precious in the sight of God" (1 Peter 3:4).

Jason Cicero