Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Device of Satan

Song: Teach Me Thy Way

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 2:3-11

"...lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Corinthians 2:11).

A "device" is a thought directed toward another that involves purpose. Satan has plans for us. He seeks above all else to separate us from God.

When a brother or sister in Christ repents I am to forgive them. I am to comfort them. I am to reaffirm my love to them. When I fail to forgive a brother or sister of sin Satan takes advantage of me. If I am to receive forgiveness I must give it: "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" (Matthew 6:15).

Do not allow Satan to take advantage of you. Receive forgiveness for your own sins. Forgive, comfort, and reaffirm your love to those who repent.

Jason Cicero